upgrading from 0.93R6 to 1.1 beta

I have been using and staying current with the 0.93R6 version of
Debian.  I would like to install v 1.1 beta and test it and contribute
to the beta testing effort.  I have seen the installation from floppy
disk instructions.  I could also install on a separate "test" machine
that would be different from my main machine.  However, I have one
simple question:

Can I install v 1.1 over the existing v 0.93R6 installation as a usual
package (or whole sets of packages) upgrade?  I could not find
instructions on how to do that.  Will this be so difficult that it
would be better to install from scratch?  I would like to save all my
configuration files (of course I will have this from backup, but I
want to minimize hand tweaking).

| James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.  | Phone:  (423)576-8645  |   | L |
| Oak Ridge National Laboratory   | FAX:    (423)574-9172  | H | I |
| Research Reactors Division      | Internet: fea@ornl.gov | F | N |
| P. O. Box 2008                  | Reactor Technology     | I | U |
| Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-6392 | world's best neutrons! | R | X |
| out the 10Base-T, through the router, down the T1, over the      |
| leased line, off the bridge, past the firewall...nothing but Net |