Re: Is 1.1 instalable on a 4 Meg memory machine?

     Well I tried installing 1.1 last night with no success.  The
first time I used the default of using the ramdisk.  After booting
and loading the ramdisk it loadid the keyboard map then one other
command that I don't remember.  Shortly it said dinstal was unable to
fork.  I went at it again with the command line "linux
load_ramdisk=0" doing this I was able to run the installer, partition
the disk, format and activate both swap and the main linux
partitions.  The problem came in when it came to loading the base
system.  Since my laptop only has one floppy and my / was mounted on
/dev/fd0 I was stuck.  Unfortunitely I didn't have the viles on the
DOS partition of the drive because I could have shelled out or
possibly mounted it in the install program and loaded the tar that
way.  ( It was getting late and I didn't think of this before going
to bed.)
     Any suggestions?  At this point I'm sure that something easy can
be done to make this work.  When I did shell out and look around the
main linux partition was nicely mounted as /target and there seamed
to be a good number of utilities availible.  With a little direction
and head scratching I could probably get it running manually without
too much trouble.  The biggest question for me was how to get the
main linux partition (/dev/hda3 it ext2 and /dev/hda4 is linux swap)
to be / while running the install disks.  I thought that the
installer was doing that but it didn't so I couldn't remove the
floppy.  Thanks for any help

 Chris