Re: smail 3.1.29.1-22 append_header="..." problem

Craig Sanders said:
> Anyone out there interested in this?  If there's enough interest, I may
> get it into shape for release as a debian package.  It requires creation
> of an account called junkmail.  The new version also requires junkmail
> to be listed as a trusted user (so it can fake the from address) in the
> smail config file.

I'd like to see it. Normally, faked From: headers are bad 'netiquette, but
since junk mail is evil to begin with, I don't think I'd mind... :)

> planned enhancements include:

You might want to consider saving some of the junkmail (perhaps a database
holding about 5Meg worth of junkmail), and send each spammer a copy of each of
those junk mails, just so they know how it feels :) Preface each one with
"Gee, your junk mail was really boring. Perhaps you could take some hints from
this one..." That would also make it *very* hard for the spammer to ignore
bounced-back mail.

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 5 days. If you don't  ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail ]
[ (we have a sometimes sporadic connection to the internet) ]

"A really busy person never knows how much he weighs."
   - Edgar Watson Howe