corrupted tar archive in psnfss package

Package: psnfss
Version: 5.2-1

I have been getting the following messages regularly when trying to
install psnfss-5.2-1 from the unstable tree.

 dpkg --unpack psnfss-5.2-1.deb
(Reading database ... 18190 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace psnfss (using psnfss-5.2-1.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement psnfss ...
dpkg: error processing psnfss-5.2-1.deb (--unpack):
 corrupted filesystem tarfile - corrupted package archive
Errors were encountered while processing: psnfss-5.2-1.deb

This is from a mirrored copy of the ftp.debian.org.  For some reason,
when I used dftp to update my system, the psnfss package appeard to
install correctly (frankly, I didn't notice when it happened).

Carlo

    *                            Carlo U. Segre                           *
    *      Department of Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences       *
    *        Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL 60616          *
    *   Voice: (312) 567-3498                      FAX: (312) 567-3494    *
    *                      segre@charlie.acc.iit.edu                      *