Re: Installing debian;ATAPI

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Jake Bishop wrote:

> I am trying to install Debian 093R6 on my recently upgraded system.
> It is a pentium-120 on a Pheonix Triton motherboard,pipeline cash,
> onboard EIDE with a Toshiba ATAPI cdrom.To install slackware I put
> "mount hdd=cdrom" at bootdisk boot: prompt to get the kernel to
> recognize my cdrom.no problem,but I would much rather run Debian.
> The Debian boot disk "boot:cannot load module /.mount".What module and
> or command can I use?Sorry for the repost

I think that you don't want 'mount' in your bootline.  Try the following:

	boot: root=/dev/hda1 hdd=cdrom

Change the /dev/hda1 to reflect your actual root partition.  I've always
found that starting with root=... helps make things work--this might
just be religious, though.

Syrus.

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu>    UCSD Physics Dept.