Installing debian;ATAPI

I am trying to install Debian 093R6 on my recently upgraded system.
It is a pentium-120 on a Pheonix Triton motherboard,pipeline cash,
onboard EIDE with a Toshiba ATAPI cdrom.To install slackware I put
"mount hdd=cdrom" at bootdisk boot: prompt to get the kernel to
recognize my cdrom.no problem,but I would much rather run Debian.
The Debian boot disk "boot:cannot load module /.mount".What module and
or command can I use?Sorry for the repost