Re: New Markets

> If i'm lucky enough to issue this mv command at the right time.  Too
> soon, and mirror blows away the directory, too late and there's no point
> as mirror is already at work doing the job.

I put this in my mirror script to keep things like that from happening:
        do_deletes=true
        max_delete_files=90%
        max_delete_dirs=90%

This will stop everything from getting blown away, but it won't stop
the fetch.  But since you were having directories deleted and that
doesn't happen until the entire fetch has completed, this obviously
won't be a problem.

> > That's what the code-name idea is for.
>
> How's that going to work?

The original proposal was to make a directory directly under /debian under
which each release would be put under a code-name.  The "stable", "unstable",
and "development" would then be symlinks to that code-name.  For example:

	/debian/releases/wowcool/...
	/debian/releases/neat-o/...
	/debian/stable -> releases/wowcool
	/debian/development -> releases/neat-o

This way only the top symlinks need to be changed.  The actual implementation
may change, but this is how I understood the original idea.

> I don't suppose it'll make much difference for 1.1, but if done properly it
> could work for 1.2 & beyond.

Right.

                                        Brian
                               ( bcwhite@verisim.com )