Re: bigger, sexier, more phly debian...

In message <[🔎] 672$d1RjcsB@khms.westfalen.de>, Kai Henningsen writes:
>dlj0@lehigh.edu (David L. Johnson)  wrote on 16.04.96 in <[🔎] 317448BB.386D78EB@lehigh.edu>:
>> Apple's approach was similar, and I understand that in order to write for
>> the Mac you have to conform to their interface standards.  But, I would not
>> consider that a role model to emulate.
>"You had to", in this context, means that you would be scolded, nothing
>more.

I believe it was more than that---Apple would not extend certain sorts
of support to programs that did not conform, would not allow creators
of non-conforming apps to participate in certain deals.

This was back in th edays when Apple did developer support worth a
damn, of course.

They were, as I remember, quite nasty about enforcing their ideas
about what was "right".

Mike.
--
"Don't let me make you unhappy by failing to be contrary enough...."