Re: New Markets

On Mon, 15 Apr 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

> From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@ke.Central.DE>
> > It's better to have a plan, what should be done for the next release.
> > When these things are done, _then_ the distribution is ready.
>
> You have not been a party to the developer discussions. Of course we had
> a plan. _Please_ do not make another unfounded assertion like that.

I don't read that as an assertion that Debian doesn't have plan.
Karl is stating priorities: doing what you plan to do comes first,
a (self imposed) deadline second.

Of course, most people (like me :) *do* need deadlines, or nothing
ever comes out of their hands...

 #  sbolt@xs4all.nl  #   Steven Bolt   #  popular science monthly KIJK  #