Re: New Markets

From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@ke.Central.DE>
> Who is "us" -- for the GNU community there are no "deadlines".

I submit that this is one reason why the "GNU" system announced in 1984
never happened, and why the Linux project, which FSF did its best to ignore,
was the one to realize FSF's own goal.

For the Debian community, there are deadlines. We want the world to take
us more seriously. Sticking to release dates is going to be part of that.

> It's better to have a plan, what should be done for the next release.
> When these things are done, _then_ the distribution is ready.

You have not been a party to the developer discussions. Of course we had
a plan. _Please_ do not make another unfounded assertion like that.

	Bruce Perens
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184.79M domestic, $101.7M overseas and counting.