Re: New Markets

The only change necessary to dpkg to make non-root creation of packages
possible is to make a tar-archive creator that dpkg can use in place of
GNU tar, and make that tar-archive creator override the file attributes
as it creates the archive. Attributes could be passed in a file, I guess.
One could do this starting with my tar-extractor function in the dpkg source.
It's easy enough to hack a tar-writer out of that. This is waiting for a new
volunteer or for Ian or myself to have the time and to have dispatched all
of our higher priorities. It'll happen faster if we get a new volunteer.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184.79M domestic, $101.7M overseas and counting.