Re: New Markets

Bruce Perens:
> I have lots of ideas about getting Debian into new markets. We can
> deal with that once 1.1 is released. We don't have much credibility
> until we release that system.

Indeed.  If there's something Debian is known for, it is slipping
deadlines.

This is not a flame.  Neither is it a complaint.  It's just an
observation.  I use Debian myself, I've recently joined the developer
thingy, and hope to contribute something useful.  (I should perhaps
get some sleep as well, however.)

But Debian 0.93R6 took a long time coming, and it wasn't ELF when it
came.  Version 1.1 is still not out (I remember someone saying something
about an April 15 public beta day?), and it's long overdue.  From a
public relations standpoint, at least.

It would be a good idea to see if a new, quicker development cycle or
paradigm could be started after 1.1.  Or at least one that looks quicker
-- in the competition of the hears of Linuxers, looks, feel, and hearsay
are about the most important weapons.