bigger, sexier, more phly debian...

Here are some ideas about debian that have been rattling around in my head.

- Since GnuStep (Free NextStep, OpenStep, what-have-you) appears to be the
GNU take on operating environments shouldn't that be the take of Debian as
well? I think that this is a good idea since: OpenStep looks really cool,
NeXT and the NeXT environment were and still are ahead of their time, Mr.
Perens works for Pixar, etc. et all...

- Should we, via some sort of converter or an extension of dpkg's
intelligence, develop a method of making the Red Hat distributions useful to
us, aka. installable?

- Develop an Xwindows version of dselect.

- Enhance dselect and the installation process in general to enable even the
more foolish of computer users to successfully install a version of Debian
for certain predefined and limited roles (aka. web server, file server, mail
server) in something similiar to the manner of NetWare or MacOS.
Installation of Debian as a dedicated AppleTalk server with little or no
user interaction would be trivial (or easy maybe).

More later...
--
Ean Schuessler                 -     Director New Products/New Technologies
Novare International, Inc.     -     The unstoppable fist of digital action