Re: bigger, sexier, more phly debian...

Ean Schuessler wrote:

> - Since GnuStep (Free NextStep, OpenStep, what-have-you) appears to be the
> GNU take on operating environments shouldn't that be the take of Debian as
> well? I think that this is a good idea since: OpenStep looks really cool,
> NeXT and the NeXT environment were and still are ahead of their time,

I don't really agree with that.  It may look cool, but as far as being ahead of
its time, I don't think there are any aspects of NeXTStep that aren't available
in the X environment.  In addition, the network transparency of X is not (to my
knowledge) available in NeXTStep, which would be a serious detriment.

--

David L. Johnson         	dlj0@lehigh.edu  dlj0@netaxs.com
Department of Mathematics	http://www.lehigh.edu/~dlj0/dlj0.html