Re: Daylight Savings Time problem

gerry@blue.intele.net (Gerry Jensen)  wrote on 08.04.96 in <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.91.960408114136.18571A-100000@blue.intele.net>:

> Apparently, I had the wrong time-zone file in /etc/localtime.  I had MST
> which I guess is for Mountain time zones that don't observe daylight
> savings time (i.e. Arizona).  I guess the file MST7MDT is the right file
> for me (I'm in Utah).  Can anybody verify this for me?

I don't know about the US timezones, but the European ones have a nifty
method for finding the right one: there's a directory Europe, below which
you find some well-known cities. You usually pick one you know has the
same zone as you.

Maybe there's something similar for other parts of the world - or if not,
there probably should be.

MfG Kai