Xaw3D problem...

I must be doing something dense... I can't seem to get the xaw3d
package to do nice scroll bars (on my almost-all ELF system).  What do
people set to make them motifish in look, and have 3d buttons?  I have
the following at the top of my .Xdefaults file, and have "xrdb
-merge"ed them in:

!
! Defaults (for Xaw3d)
!
*Background:                    white
*background:                    #bfbfbf
*Label*shadowWidth:             2
*Scrollbar*cursorName:          top_left_arrow
*Scrollbar*height:              15
*Scrollbar*pushThumb:           false
*Scrollbar*shadowWidth:         2
*Scrollbar*width:               15
*SmeBSB*shadowWidth:            2
*beNiceToColormap:              False
*bottomShadowContrast:          55
*highlightThickness:            0
*scrollBar:                     True
*shadowWidth:                   2
*shapeStyle:                    Rectangle
*srollTtyOutput:                False
*topShadowContrast:             20

The status of xaw3d, and the filelist:

dpkg -s xaw3d:

Package: xaw3d
 This adds a 3d look to ELF applications that are dynamically
 linked against libXaw. It also provides libXaw3d.a for static
 linking (and makes this the default).
 Doesn't work with aout binaries.

dpkg -L xaw3d:

/.
/usr
/usr/X11R6
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib/Xaw3d
/usr/X11R6/lib/Xaw3d/libXaw.a			<--- Is that right???
/usr/X11R6/lib/Xaw3d/libXaw.so.6.0		<--- Is that right???
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw3d.so
/usr/doc
/usr/doc/xaw3d
/usr/doc/xaw3d/README