Re: Install trouble

On Thu, 7 Mar 1996, Tracy Sweat wrote:

> > > Now, unfortunately, after I install the base disks and go to configure,
> > > I get a box telling me I need to mount the file system or install
> > > the base disks.  This happened twice.  So I figured wiping the
>
> [snik -rsr]
>

> I had the new file system mounted when these errors occurred.  I always
> go through the menu sequentially.  It's possible that I missed mounting
> a time or two, but the last time this happened I went back to the
> mount option and the file system was shown mounted.  Then I went
> back to the configure option and it still told me I needed to mount
> the file system or install the base system.  Both of which I'd
> definitely already done.

I got this strangeness when I didn't have a nice fresh updated boot
floppy to feed the installation process, but rather an old, stale one
that it just kind of ignored instead of copying the kernel off of.

--
Ryan Smith-Roberts - rsr@citadel.fine.net | Linux - anything else
http://citadel.fine.net/                  | would be uncivilized!

"But you're a fortuneteller -- you should have seen this coming."