Re: New Hard-drive problem

> The new "smart" controler has no io functions or ports. My original ide
> card is there for that purpose.  I have only one harddrive The harddrive
> and the floppy are connected to the new GSI model 21 EIDE board.  The cmos
> is set to nothing; no hardrives, no floppys. (thats the way it works)

Oh. Did you change the jumpers on the original IDE card so that its
floppy controller was disabled? You would have to do that. Otherwise
you would have two floppy controllers at the same I/O address and a problem
like the one you describe would happen.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens <Bruce@Pixar.com> A campaigner for Clinton and against Censorship.
Toy Story: $183M and counting. At $184M it will beat the #1 movie of 1995.