Re: slack2deb script and controversy

Steffen Mueller  <steffen@xlink.net> wrote:
>On 25 Feb 1996, Otmar Lendl wrote:
>
>> I *might* be doing one for Cnews since I've grown to like it much
>> more on my sneaker-net home newsserver than yet another big fat daemon.
>
>Well... it really depends on how much traffic the daemon has to handle. I
>used Cnews from quite the beginning of my Linux "carreer" but had to
>switch to INN since it is is used here at Xlink.

My newsserver is fed one big batch of news every day when I get home
from the university with a disk or two full of news. C News is quite
capable of dealing with that. strn is configured to read the articles
directly from the spool. I'm the only reader here.

I think that such a newsserver is perferable to any other offline
newsreading solution.

otmar
--
/ Otmar Lendl (lendl@cosy.sbg.ac.at) # http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~lendl/  \
\ Killfiles generate SEP fields. Beware: the CE-Norm does not cover them. /