middle mouse in fvwm

My middle mouse button, which displays the menu from iconifiy to exit,
does not work correctly.  I cannot move the mouse down the menu.  I am
forced to use the curser keys.  Any movement of the mouse causes the menu
to disapear.  Is there anyway to fix this.  I am using a logitech mouse
man 3button serial version mouse.  I did not find anything relating to
mouse sensitivy in either system.fvwmrc, or .xinitrc.  There is no manual
page for mouse, and find / -name mouse showed nothing.  The other buttons
seem to work correctly.  Everything on my system is from "stable". Any
suggestions are appreciated. Thanks