Re: MH/SMTP: No sending possible

M> That's what I was trying to do, except that I wanted to fetch the
M> mail via MH (inc -h <host>, according to the manpages).  smail is
M> running really nice, I'm sending e.g. this mail using elm and
M> smail. My problem was that in Debian, MH is configured to send its
M> mail via smtp, and this didn't work (perhaps MH can't connect to a
M> local smtpd?).

I missed the first part of this thread, but if you're having trouble
getting "inc -host" so work properly, it could be an authorization
issue.  I messed with it for a while before realizing that I need the
-noapop flag here.

M> Another silly question: How do I hang up the PPP connection
M> "correctly"?  By now, I use "kill <PID>", but I think this isn't
M> the most elegant solution...

I think that's fine.  The man page for pppd says that it will hangup
properly on a SIGTERM which is what kill sends by default.  See the
kill and pppd man pages for more info.

--
Rob