Re: Packages

[  BUNCH OF STUFF CUT DUDE TO USELESSNESS ]

>     AFAICT, this script will accept any `.tar.gz' file whatsoever,
> unpack it under $work, create the file $work/DEBIAN/control, and then
> merely feed the entire $work directory tree to `dpkg-deb', resulting
> in a `.deb' file structure that can be read by `dpkg'.
>
>     Is that correct?
>
>     Bill

    Look, that shell script only works or slackware packages, which have
a tendency to be broken in some way shape or form.  Just do like I
originally said and untar your package-to-be in a work directory, make a
control file in $work/DEBIAN/control (dpkg-deb -e (debfile) (dir) will
get you an example) then make it with dpkg-deb -b filename.deb $work.
Too simple to use a shell script for....   Cheers