Re: Lynx/mime/.deb ?

Bill Hogan:
       My question is not about "Debian package file types", but about
   what *MIME* type I should assign to `.deb' files for the purposes of
   Lynx.

application/octet-stream should be sufficient.  This is the generic
mime type for raw data.

However, application/x-debian-archive might be more appealing, as this
implies that we might eventually (a) register
application/debian-archive with IANA, and (b) provide extra options
(besides save to disk) for mime software.

--
Raul