Re: More questions on smail configuration for SMTP/PPP

Ian Jackson writes:

> This won't set the return path and is therefore broken.

I think I'm missing something fundamental, here.  Isn't the return-path
supposed to be set by the last transport agent that delivers the message?
(RFC 822)

If so, then why won't rewriting the From field make that happy? (or does it
use the received data or something else?)

Is there an RFC (later than 822) that I should be looking at?

--
Carl Streeter                     |  "I'll forgive even GNU emacs as long
streeter@cae.wisc.edu             |     as gcc is available" --Linus Torvalds