man problem

I've recently installed Debian Linux 0.93R6 on my system, and
I have what I'd consider a serious problem. Whenever I try to
read the man page for a program, I get the following message:

troff: fatal error: can't find macro file tty-char

Which is a problem, seing as how it prevents me from reading
the documentation for troff, which doesn't have (apparently)
any ascii docs. Suggestions would be appreciated.

--
PGP key/userID  Fingerprint     |  PGP encrypted mail is encouraged. |
--------------------------------|   "Linux,  an OS worth  booting."  |