Re: More questions on smail configuration for SMTP/PPP

Carl V Streeter wrote:

> Michael Scott Orr writes:
> >
> > I want all outgoing mail to be addressed as From:  vielo@wolfenet.com and
> > originates from. I have smail's visible_name variable set to
> > "wolfenet.com", but how do I tell smail what my login over there is?
>
> What I did for my parents is to set up smail to pull out the 'From'
> header and put in a correct one.  You could also stick in a reply-to the
> same way, although with a correct from field, an equivalent reply-to is extra.
>
> If it's not clear how to do this from the documentation (it's mentioned
> in the transports part of man 5 smail), email me directly, and I'll try to
> get you the relavent lines.

No, no. Please post the relevant lines. I, for one, am watching these mail threads
closely so that I can set mine up "correctly". I think that as more people use Debian
on their home computers, smail questions will come up more frequently.

--
Jeff Ebert
jebert@earthlink.net