Re: mach32 bpp 16

Steffen Mueller writes:
>On Tue, 6 Feb 1996, Junebug wrote:

>>i just upgraded my debian 0.93R6 to 1.1. took me a while, but i more
>>or less figured out everything and have it working now. however, i
>>do have one question about the mach32 server.  i used to be able to
>>specify -bpp 16 in my .xserverrc file and run x in 16 bit
>>mode. however, after upgraading to 1.1 with the xserver-mach32, i
>>can't do it any more. it says /usr/bin/X11/XF86_Mach32 -bpp 16
>>failed.
>
>1.1 ???? Where ?

Not ready yet, and no-one seems to be stating a date that it will be
ready.  Use it at your own risk.  People have already rendered their
systems unbootable by upgrading without knowing what they were doing.

If you're not on debian-devel then it's unwise to try.

--
Richard Kettlewell
http://www.elmail.co.uk/staff/richard/                    richard@uk.geeks.org

Eat a live toad before breakfast and nothing worse will happen to you all day.