Re: Problem with psnfss.

D> AFAIK using ps2pk requires the Postscript fonts in .pfa or .pfb
D> format, which most of us don't have.  An easy remedy is to get and
D> compile gsftopk from a GNU mirror, put it into /usr/local/bin and
D> to change /usr/bin/MakeTeXPK as the patch below indicates. The
D> output looks great on PostScript printers and acceptable when
D> passed through ghostscript.

Thanks for the help, I guess that's it.  I hadn't delved deep enough
into the fonts directory to see that there were no type1 versions of
things like times, palatino, and avante-garde installed.  I guess I
mistakenly assumed that they were so common (they're in my printer :)
) that they'd just be there.  I suppose the conclusion is that the
Debian tex packages, as they now stand, cannot do the psnfss
\usepackage{times}, \usepackage{palatino}, etc. stuff "out of the
box".

Thanks
--
Rob