Re: 1.3.57 module loading problems

I think that if you answer 'Yes' to "Set version information for all
symbols for modules" this may fix your problem.  However, you don't need
modules.  Everything can be compiled statically in the kernel (including
PPP).  There is a glitch, if your answer 'Yes' to setting version
information above, then you currently must compile PPP support as a
module.  So, if you don't want to use modules, do not answer yes to the
above question.

Also, it seems as if they're changing some of the directories where
various modules will reside.  Thus, modprobe has trouble finding some of
them.

The only reason I can see for using modules is that if you only very
rarely need some feature provided by a module and you want to save a
little memory by not loading it all the time.  If this is not your case,
then I would recommend not using modules.

Gerry
gerry@blue.intele.net