How to Install Debian?

I've looked at the www page, there's no installation instructions...
I'd like to ftp the latest release and install it, but I'm not sure
exactly *what* I should download.

Should I simply just go to the binary directory and retrieve all those
directories? Are those then considered the "packages"?

Please give me an idea what I should download, and then how do I go about
installing it... (I've done a few installations, but always from CD. This
is the first time I'm trying to do one via FTP).

Thanks,
Ricardo