Re: 3c509 loadable module - arguments ?

Andrew D. Fernandes writes in email to me - I hope he won't mind me
posting:
> To solve the sbpcd problem, I use the following command line argument:
>    sbpcd=0x300,LaserMate
> where, of course, the 0x300 is the I/O address, and LaserMate should
> be replaced by "SoundBlaster" if he has an actual SB card (I have
> a LaserMate controller).
>
> Lilo has the nifty append="string" to add command line args to the
> linux boot... I never modify the sbpcd stuff when recomiling a kernel.

Yes, but we're using the modularised driver.  How do I pass it a
command line argument ?

In any case, if the driver is going to have to spend 10 minutes
probing various addresses if I don't supply it that command string,
surely it should refuse to load at all instead of spending the 10
minutes ?

Ian.