proc and less

Well, I discovered today that there is nothing wrong with my proc
filesystem. The problem seems to be with less. I had to create a new user
to figure this out, since all my current users alias more to less. If I
do "more /proc/filesystems" I get the normal list of allowed filesystems.
If, however, I do "less /proc/filesystems" I get what appears to be an
empty file.

Is this a bug in less? (Or a feature)

Thanks for the help,

Dale

*     If it's not one thing, it's a whole bunch of things!               *
*                            Raphael (the Turtle, not the Painter)       *