Re: Problems with Majordomo

Josie,

It's actually a bug in the smail package.  Add the following

     # aliasinclude - expand ":include:filename" addresses
     #    produced by alias files
     aliasinclude:
          driver = aliasinclude,   # use this special-case driver
          nobody;                  # associate nobody user with addresses
                                   #  when mild permission violations
                                   #  are encountered

          copysecure,              # get permissions from alias director
          copyowners               # get owners from alias director

to your /etc/smail/directors; see /usr/doc/smail-admin-guide for more
details.

When smail gets fixed, I can make Majordomo depend on having the fixed
version of smail present.

Alternatively, I could have the Majordomo postinst check for the
presence of an aliasinclude director and either tell the administrator
to add one, or (more radically) add one itself.