Re: Tcl7.4 and Tk4.0 packages for 0.93???

On Tue, 28 Nov 1995, David Engel wrote:

> > I've just installed 0.93R6,  and have noticed that the
> > Tcl Tk modules are still using the older versions. I'd
> > like to create packages for everybody of the new versions
> > 7.4 and 4.0 - how do I go about it?
>
> I will be updating the Tcl/Tk packages to 7.4/4.0 and ELF shortly
> after I catch up from being away for a week.  Until then, you can
> use my non-Debian versions on ftp.ods.com:/pub/linux.
>
> > I also tried to compile Python 1.3 without succes,  but have
> > noticed thta it looks for libX11.a,  which was not present
> > on my system.  Symblinking liboldX.a to libX11.a let it compile,
> > but I don't yet know if it works.
>
> X hasn't been converted to ELF yet.  Until it is, you can use the
> elf-x11r6lib package on ftp.debian.org:/debian/project/experimental/elf.

Just in case somebody needs this very badly, I compiled these packages
some days ago and they're available at abedi.pvv.unit.no:/pub

The diff on the ELF version is a joke.. 4 lines or something in addition
to the debian.* files which I got from the previous debian release.

astor