Re: ppp problem

    Thomas>         Problem with ppp: 8-bit clean
    Thomas> I get a "Receive serial link is not 8-bit clean: Problem:
    Thomas> all had bit 7 set to 0" with both a Sportster 28800 and a
    Thomas> Worldport 14400.

I am not technically knowledgable about the issues involved, but I
guess the problem is with the tty that controls pppd.  Are you
starting ppp from a regular command line?

I guess this because I get a similar error when I start pppd directly
from an "exec" in an fvwm menu command.  I do not get the error when I
do this instead:

  Exec "PPP on" exec xterm -iconic -e ppp-on &