Re: A couple suggestions to improve debian installation (long)

Hi:

I have the header files installed, and they have dependencies.
dselect won't let me remove them. I want the kernel sources, but
dselect won't let me install that, it conflicts.

I really don't know enough to feel safe removing the headers by
hand. The obvious thing is irrritating (mostly because I didn't
think ahead!): Remove all the packages having header dependencies
then remove the headers, then install the sources along with the
rest of the packages.

There should be a recommended sequence for package installation,
and there should be some documentation with the dselect package
with gotchas mentioned for idiots such as yours truly.  I'll
volunteer to write such a document.

Would someone please help me, even it is only telling me to do the
obvious thing mentioned above?

--David

                LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [345]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | User interface copyrights & software patents make programming
teague@wcu.edu | a dangerous business. Ask me or lpf@uunet.uu.net

spy counter-intelligence $400 million in gold bullion Soviet Bosnia clipper
National Security Council explosion Treasury terrorist Delta Force bomb Iran
Mossad data encryption munitions Serbian hydrazine ammonium nitrate fuel oil