Re: install questions

Luby Liao wrote:
> But then, when I later tried to boot Solaris, it would not boot,
> until I changed the type back from Linux/Minix to Linux Swap.

I think you can leave it set to "swap". The important thing is to
_not_ specify this partition when you tell the system to set up your
swap partition, and make sure its name is not given in /etc/fstab as
a swap partition.

> 2. While running fdisk verify partition program (from dos shell), it
> warned that the partitions were overlapping.

That's not good. Please have fdisk print the partition table out to
a file and send it to me (or the list).

> 3. I cannot recall seeing the Linux system installed saying anything
> about my buslogic card.

The Adaptec driver will work on some BusLogic cards, as the BusLogic
cards emulate an adaptec. The BusLogic driver was not included because
it would mess up if an Adaptec card was present.
I have uploaded a new set of boot floppies
(they might still be in ftp://ftp.debian.org/private/project/Incoming)
boot-1.2.13-7-{1200,1440}.gz . These have a new BusLogic driver that
might work a bit better.

> 4. It appears that the xf86config program has bugs.

Someone else on the list should help with X, as I haven't the expertise.

	Thanks

	Bruce

--
Visit the "Toy Story" Web Page! http://www.toystory.com