Installation Using SLIP

I've been unsuccessful in installing Debian 0.93R6 onto my home
PC using an NFS mount over a SLIP connection at work here. This is
where I am at:

1) Base installation and boot is OK.
2) NFS mount of debian tree over SLIP is OK.
3) Selecting packages using 'dselect' is OK.

When I proceed with the installation of the selected packages,
infrequent transmission errors, CRC failures etc. occur and dpkg is
unable to recover, leaving everything in a half-baked state that I
have been unable to fix. Is there a more robust version of dpkg that
can do this reliably (ie. go and get the files that don't transfer
properly) ?

My hard drive is only 128MB, so I can't ftp everything over first and
then install locally.

I really don't want to install from floppies.

I have access to a laptop that I could borrow - is it possible to due
an installation from the laptop to my PC using the serial ports ?

Thanks for any help! (Sorry for the length of this post...)

Mark

| Mark E. Rollins, PhD               | Communications Research Center   |
| Research Scientist,                | 3701 Carling Ave,                |
| Satellite Systems and Technologies | Box 11490, Station H,            |
|------------------------------------| Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA, K2H 8S2 |
| Fax:   613-990-0316                | Just Brew It.                    |
| Email: mark.rollins@crc.doc.ca     |                                  |