Re: Mirror programs

Hi,

	I second (or third) the recommendations for mirror-2.{3,8},
 and since others have already posted information about it, I'll not
 clutter up this list.

	I have been using that program for 18 months now mirroring
 internet RFC's and drafts, a subset of rtfm.mit.edu, CERT advisories
 and tools, DCE RFC's, and the computer science bibliographies
 database.  That's several hundred Mega-bytes of fairly volatile
 information (especially the draft's, FAQ's, and the bibliographies),
 with no problems.  You need look no further.

	The pmirror script was evaluated here, and did not provide the
 facilities we needed, but may well serve for a personal mirror.

	manoj

-- History shows that the human mind, fed by constant accessions of
 knowledge, periodically grows too large for its theoretical
 coverings, and bursts them asunder to appear in new habiliments, as
 the feeding and growing grub, at intervals, casts its too narrow skin
 and assumes another... Truly the imago state of Man seems to be
 terribly distant, but every moult is a step gained. Charles Darwin,
 from "Origin of the Species"

Manoj Srivastava         Project Pilgrim, Department of Computer Science
Phone: (413) 545-3918             A143B Lederle Graduate Research Center
Fax: (413) 545-1249       University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003
email:srivasta@pilgrim.umass.edu http://www.pilgrim.umass.edu/~srivasta/