Used to be Re: C++ with elf-gcc-2.7.0.deb

On Fri, 27 Oct 1995, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I compiled a program yesterday (syslogd, to be exact) with just plain
> "-g" instead of "-ggdb" and was able to debug it with GDB just fine.

As it turns out, either option will work, as long as you only try to
compile with it. If you try to include either in a link command you get
the shared library error. As is so often the case, the error message had
nothing to do with the problem.
I am currently investigating the optomizer (-O option) in connection with
my segment fault problem.

Thanks for all the help,

Dale