Re: Installation Assistance Needed

On Fri, 27 Oct 1995 18:25:09 -0500 (EST), Dale Scheetz <dwarf@symnet.net> said:

> but whatever unique file nameing convention you adopt for the 8.3
> char dos filenames will not effect dpkg as it looks inside the files
> to decide what they are.  To be honest, I have no idea what is in
> the ms-dos directories that would be of any interest, other than the

The ms-dos directory tree contains the same contents as the binary
tree, except that actual packages have been replaced with symbolic
links.  The links all have names that obey the 8.3 naming restriction.
For example, if you download all the files from ms-dos/devel, you get
all the development packages with filenames that DOS can deal with.

--Mike