Re: post-release package update policy

Building a new tree with updated and new packages only re-produces
the "problems" with the steadily evolving tree some people complain
about: even these people want to get those packages.

What would be helpful is a tool that tells me which
 - new debian-packages and
 - which  updated packages
are available with respect to the packages that
 - were available last time I asked for that
 - with respect to the packages installed

This way new users get an up-to-date system and the others (old users)
can still overlook the situation. (Note: the mailing-list
"debian-changes" is not the tool I would like to see; but the tool could
be based on it).

Winfried