Re: Network trouble with netscape [was: backspace in netscape]

> > hmm... i have tried that. i even copied over the XKeysymDB file that comes
> > with netscape over the one default in /usr/lib/X11.  nothing seems to work.
> > my backspace key is apparently mapped as delete (^?) key. anyone know what
> > i should do? thanx for any help in advance.
> >

> Check out the Netscape FAQ at this URL:
>
> <http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/1.1/faq_navx.html#x12>
>
> I can't remember what I changed, but my backspace does work in Netscape.
>
> Steve Rauch		          Network Information Management Consultant
> University of Washington 				      IAIMS Program
> Box 357155	  		              Health Sciences Center  T-211
> Seattle, WA   98195      (206)543-5112       E-mail:srauch@u.washington.edu

i finally found it with umm... doh i can't remember who emailed me. anyways,
read the keyboard-howto file and did an xmodmap for backspace and delete key.
bs and del are bind together by the default linux (for emacs's C-H sake i
suppose) so even you can change it in console with a loadkeys, it doesn't
carry through to x unless you use xmodmap. thanx for all the help. any more
ideas about the talk daemon? i have both talk and ntalk daemons running,
ppl can telnet and ftp to me but not talk :(

thanx

--
  \__/    Junebug | email: jun.ying@gtri.gatech.edu |                   \__/
  (o-)    URL: http://www.mindspring.com/~mikes/jun/junebug.html        (--)