ppp-2.2-1 build

  Today, after reading a bunch of to me confusing traffic in
linux-ppp, I decided to see if I could build ppp-2.2-1.deb from
sources.

  When I tried the debian.rules build, however, I discovered that the
following four files were missing from my /usr/include/net directory:

	ppp_defs.h
	ppp-comp.h (that's a hyphen)
	if_ppp.h
	route.h

  Noting that all the files in /usr/include/net essentially pointed to
correspondingly-named files in /usr/include/linux, and that files with
these four names existed in that directory, I created the following
four files in /usr/include/net:

./ppp_defs.h
/* try replace 1st missing ppp-2.2-1.deb file */
#include <linux/ppp_defs.h>

./ppp-comp.h
/* try replace 2nd missing ppp-2.2-1.deb file */
#include <linux/ppp-comp.h>

./if_ppp.h
/* try replace 3rd missing ppp-2.2-1.deb file(s) */
#include <linux/if_ppp.h>

./route.h
/* try replace 3rd missing ppp-2.2-1.deb file(s) */
#include <linux/route.h>

   I was then able to do the debian.rules build, binary, and dpkg
--install of the resuting .deb file, which I am now using.

  Bill