Network trouble with netscape [was: backspace in netscape]

On Thu, 19 Oct 1995 14:08:45 -0400 (EDT), jy11@prism.gatech.edu (Junebug) said:

> oh yeah one more question: anyone has any idea why netscape 1.12 or
> 2.0 won't have the backspace key working? it's mapped to delete, and
> i thought i mapped them right with netscape's own file.

Did you set the environment variable that tells netscape where to look
for XKeySymDB?  After I did this, it worked for me.

While we're on the subject, has anyone else had trouble getting
Netscape 2.0b1 to lookup up IP addresses???  All my other net-related
apps have no trouble, but Netscape cant find anything that's not in
/etc/hosts.  I'm using Debian 0.93R6 and my host.conf has "order
hosts,bind" in it.  The local (over PPP) name servers are listed in
resolv.conf.

--Mike