installation directories

Hi,

I partitioned my disks so that /usr, /var, /, /usr/local, /home are seperate.
Since most packages install the bulk of their stuff in /usr I am wondering
what to do when the number of packages that I want to install becomes too
large to squeeze into /usr.  I can imaging moving /usr/doc, /usr/info,
/usr/games, /usr/man to someplace else and soft linking them.  But this
seems silly.  I made /usr 200 Mb so it is not tiny, but hopefully there
will be more and more nice debian packages!  Many packages are not what
I would think of as core parts of the operating system. For example
xfig, kermit, c2man, indent, pmake, minicom, ghostview, xv and many
others come to mind.  Would it be possible for some packages to have
an alternate installation path without causing all sorts of problems?

just a thought,

Stuart Marshall