question

Is there a way to view the contents of a *.deb package prior to installing it?
The reason for the question is: I needed to uuencode a file and "uuencode" was
not to be found. I assume that it is in one of the *.deb packages which I
haven't installed yet. In case anyone is wondering, I am not real familar with
LINUX and am installing it a section at a time.
|  This message was sent from DEBIAN LINUX. |
|  Thomas Kocourek    --==<<>>==--   KD4CIK |
|  tomk@westgac3.dragon.com                 |