Re: Debian vs. BOGUS

> All the entries in the package database /var/lib/dpkg/available have a
> "Source:" line--but none of these lines is filled out.  I would like
> to see there something like:
>
>     Package: gawk
>     [...]
>     Source: prep.ai.mit.edu:/pub/gnu/gawk-2.15.6.tar.gz
>
> Don't know your intentions -- I can not find a hint in
> dpkg-0.93.70/Guidelines.

AFAIK the Source: field is for packages for which the debianized source
.tar.gz files is not obvious, e.g. package info has source texinfo.

The location of the "upstream" source should be mentioned in the source
package's debian.README.

Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking