Re: Toshiba 3100SX : "No BIOS32 etx..."

ke@pertron.central.de said:
>> uuencoded and gzipped version of the "fdflush" program
> Wasn't as easy as it sounds--in the end it seems to work.

I am having the new install disk run this program between disk swaps on its
own. I am also changing the format of the installation floppies so that they
will be self-verifying, which should point out any problems a bit more quickly.

It would be interesting to know if your floppy-change switch is bad or not.
I haven't seen this on a laptop before.
If it is, you should be able to dd in a floppy, remove the disk from the drive,
and then dd in at least part of the floppy (from the buffer cache). If the
switch is OK it should complain right away.

> gunzip complains "stdin: decompression OK, trailling garbage.

Yeah, that's OK.

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens

--
-- Attention Ham Radio Operators: For information on "Linux for Hams", read
-- the World Wide Web page http://www.hams.com/LinuxForHams, or e-mail to