Re: dpkg 0.93.71: conffile handling bugfix &c

Thanks for the informative reply, Ian.
See annotations below.

   Date: Fri, 1 Sep 95 11:02 BST
   From: Ian Jackson <iwj10@cus.cam.ac.uk>
   To: debian-user@Pixar.com
   Subject: Re: dpkg 0.93.71: conffile handling bugfix &c

lots deleted

   CD Rasmussen writes ("Re: Where is dselect?"):
   > I know we have discussed this in the past but I need a refresher.
   > During the install, after booting from my newly created boot floppy, I
   > eventually arrive at a dselect screen.
   > I then exit dselect and with dpkg install devel/ncurses-runtime* then
   > base/dpkg*.
   >
   > If I then run dselect again, the setup quits with an error about no
   > methods.

   What version of the dpkg package are you using ?  What version of the
   base disks did you use ?  Versions 0.93.68 and onwards contain dselect
   methods.

The base disks werre from the pre-release area, the dpkg was 0.93.71,
I got it from the Incoming directory.  The install was a clean install
on a newly formated partition.

Costa